The REALLY FREE crypto tax calculator and portfolio analysis tool.
No hidden fees. No sign up.
A full example how the report will look like can be found here: example_report.pdf
1) Select Files
Add all your trade history exports from all of your exchanges here. These are typically .csv files. It is important to add all, else the calculation, especially using FIFO will not be correct. You can select multiple at once using [shift] or [ctrl] or add one after another.
2) Assign Exchanges
After adding your files, they will appear in the table below. Select for each file the corresponding exchange. If your exchange does not appear in the list, see Exchange Support if you want your exchange to be added.
Chose your fiat currency and the duration, when a sell is considderd long in your country. E.g. for Germany, select 365 days. Finally click "Generate Report". Depending on the number trades, this can take a moment. 3-5 seconds for under 1,000 trades. 60-90 seconds for 100,000 trades.
Fiat currency (3 letters code, e.g. USD, EUR, etc.):
FIFO (LIFO in developement)
The calculation works like this:
- All buys and sells of crypto with fiat are considered.
- A crypto - crypto trade (e.g. buying ETH with BTC) is interpreted as selling BTC for fiat and then buying ETH with fiat.
- Most exchange exports only include the price ratio between BTC and ETH, but not their current fiat price. For this purpose, the calculator uses the average price of that day via coingecko API.
- IMPORTANT: If you deposit crypto and the original buy of that crypto is not included in any of your used exports, this crypto is not considered at all. This is because there is no way to know when it was bought and for what price.
- Coinbase Earn or Coinbase rewards are considered as buys with 0,00 fiat.